Thursday, February 7, 2008

Diva's guide to 2008 trends, part deux

We made it past Groundhog Day people!

In my neck of the woods the little critter popped up and declared I would grow ever more gorgeous and stylish in 2008. And while I wouldn't normally put much stock in a rodent's opinion, I think he might be right on the money this year.

The good news is you're all gonna grow more gorgeous and stylish along with me. To wit, I present my take on the last five of the Top 10 fashion-must-haves for 2008 according to Elle Canada magazine.

1. Deck shoes - This trend doesn't excite me only because I'm a heels girl and always have been, even though flats have been super trendy for a few years now. But I do know there are lots of women who will cheer the news that once again they can wear stylish shoes without sacrificing comfort. To you I say - ENJOY! There will probably be a lot of cute variations on the preppy, boat shoes we all remember from high school. And who knows? If this trend looks like it's here to stay, I might even cave, embrace it and relive my brief high school flirtation with preppy style. Minus the torrid love affair with Duckie though - it's taken me way too long to quit him.

Want to check out the rest? You're gonna have to skedaddle on overto my Shooting for Hip column at Mommyblogstoronto. I got some fun pictures over there...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

&hearts, I not to fond of deck shoes either...

LoriD said...

I don't think my parents will ever forget our family vacation when I made them stop at every shoe store/mall enroute to locate a pair of Sperry Topsiders. Don't think I'll go there again...

Eternal Sunshine said...

I rocked the boyfriend jacket in high school, but I don't see it coming back.

As for the see through - no THANKS! If I wanted someone to see what I looked like naked, I'd be... well... naked. NOT gonna happen.

I enjoyed both of these articles. Even if I'm seriously lacking in fashion! LOL!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

So not interested in doing deck shoes again, they do nothing for the gams. Nothing.

jennwa said...

I liked that Ombre dress but what is up with that lady in the layered sheer dress. That hair?

Anonymous said...

No deck shoes for me! I'm a heels girl too!

MommyTime said...

Holy Toledo am I with you on the sheer thing. Please no thanks. If I wanted my thighs to show that much, I'd just prance around in my underpants like some deranged Charlie's Angel. But something I pay good money for as a dress ought to cover up all my bits and pieces without requiring me also to go purchase THE MOST GIANT GRANNY PANTS EVER in order to be decent. Just sayin... :)

Maria said...

It usually takes me forever to get back into an old style, like clogs, but I think I could wear the deck shoes pretty easily! Thanks for filling me in on that!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Deck shoes? They still sell deck shoes?? :)

Karen MEG said...

I thought the same thing about that jacket...boyfriend written all over it! And, I think I'll pass on those transparent looks. Great roundup and hilarious commentary as usual!

Melissa said...

I love heels and flats. They both have their benefits. I dont' get into wedge shoes though. They have too much of a heel for me. I am 5'10 and I don't mind a heel a bit, but no 5 in' wedges for me please :)

Kat said...

Deck shoes, huh? I'm not sure I'll join in on this one. ;)

krissy said...

Ahh...see through! This would endanger many eyes! No thanks!

And I don't like deck shoes! I jump the bandwagon often though so I'll see!

Jen said...

Ugh. Deck shoes? Sigh.

ALF said...

I totally wish I was a heels kind of girl. I try to force myself to be one but it doesn't seem to be working. So I'm very excited about the prospect of boat shoes!