Monday, November 12, 2007

Two

Not an easy day today.

Marked by:

Work-related stress that I can't and won't get into here for these reasons AND a costly automobile repair that is an urgent priority seeing that my brakes completely and totally gave out when I attempted to stop at an intersection this afternoon.

Did I mention that today is Graham's second birthday?

This is what greeted me in the early morning gloom.


Perfection.

Wish I could have put it in my pocket and carried it around all day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Graham!

Tania said...

Wow! I hope you got out of that intersection unscathed. That's really scary.

Happy B-day to your beautiful boy!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Isn't he the cutest!? Happy birthday to your sweetie. So glad you are okay, we have had that happen before, very scary.

Gabriella said...

Ohh..it's scary how one day your brakes seem to be working fine and then all of a sudden they stop working pretty quickly. It's happend to me before. Glad to see you made it through all right.
Happy birthday to your son, that picture is enough to warm anybody's heart.

painted maypole said...

birthdays are a good reminder of the blessing of our life, no? even when everything else goes wrong. 2 years of Graham. Awesome.

Thanks for swinging by my little blog.

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Graham!

Crappy about the brakes. Last time I took my car in they didn't even want to let me leave without doing my brakes. Needless to say we got them done posthaste!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Graham!

Have a great day and welcome to the Terrific Two's!

Hugs
Wendy & Madelyn

Don Mills Diva said...

Thanks everyone. Luckily I was able to jam the car in first gear and stop halfway through the intersection so no one hit me. I'm smarting over a $900 repair bill though - ouch!

b*babbler said...

Two years old! What a big boy!

Happy Birthday Graham!

(Yikes about the brakes! That happened to me once, just after leaving a repair shop - no joke. It was one of the scariest things to ever happen to me.)