Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I don't know where he gets it

That screaming you heard this morning? Yeah, that was Graham at the doctor’s for his two-year-old check up.

Yup, it’s official. My boy’s got Daddy’s sleepy eyes and Oma’s adorable juggy ears.

And Mama’s Irish temper.

Obviously no child, or adult for that matter, really relishes a trip to the doctor. But few kids actually attempt a beat-down on the nurse while being weighed (fully clothed!).

I swear to God, I thought she was going to call security.

Things only got worse when the doctor actually got to examining him. I had to hold him down as he flailed wildly and screeched MAMA at the top of his lungs when she checked his heartbeat.

And when he actually had to get the needle for his Tuberculosis test?

Let’s just say there were a few people in the Ukraine who had to turn up their television sets.

I’ve already established this kid’s got a fire in his belly. I think I wrote quite eloquently (if naively) about purity of his emotion.

But whoa Nelly, I have caught a glimpse of the future and it looks like a big helping of work with a side of frustration.

Anyone else thinking military school?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Gabriella said...

Heehee, I should bring along my daughter to the same doctor, our kids would be quite the pair. We go through the same here; screaming crying yelling...

Kayris said...

If it makes you feel any better, my son once tried to BITE his doctor!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Aww, I sure feel for you, poor guy. My kids have always liked going to the doctor and chatting her up. but a couple of months ago I had to take my 3.5 year old in for stitches. and the freezing didn't take. I don't think he will be quite so excited next time.

Wendy said...

Hmmmm, I feel for you! I have started to refuse to take Maddy to the doctors when I go for Christopher. I beg anyone to babysit her to avoid the screaming, running away, opening the doctors drawers - it's a nightmare. The staff was spending half their time bribing her with suckers, masks, pencils and other toys. And these appointments weren't even for her! I had to bring Ben with me for that one....