Friday, December 28, 2007

Slutty shoes and the spirit of Christmas

Every family has its unique holiday traditions; time-honored customs and rituals which mark the season and each year symbolize for its members the very spirit of whatever holiday they celebrate.

In some homes mothers and daughters trade Christmas recipes or craft ornaments. In my family, mom and I bond over the sacred, annual gifting of the slutty shoes.

If you want to check out the rest, click here and go to my column at Mommyblogstoronto - I got some good pictures over there!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Hum, I think they are all pretty cute. But I can't wear high heels so no slutty shoes for me. *sigh* Cute tradition.

Jen @ Lords of the Manor

a kelly said...

I just KNOW that if I show this to my daughter she will want to start a new tradition!!!!
I saw her car trunk one day...at least half a dozen shoes lined up like chic soldiers...a girl's gotta have choices....
So fun!
Sadly, I have to wear the "sensible" shoes in the family....

Your Christmas family pic is adorable

OHmommy said...

Good thing my 3 year old can't read.

What a great tradition! Seriously, it is brilliant. One I will copy for sure. Thanks!!!

I heart my hooker heels.

shay said...

oh I am totally jealous of your hooker shoes. Unfortunately my awesome mom is waaaaaaaaaay too straight laced and my hubby too short to every buy me said shoes...

guess I'll have do buy myself a pair;-)

What a great tradition!

GoMommy said...

That is AWESOME! Your mom is sooo cool! You can wear leopard print with ANYTHING!
Totally love it! Sure beats getting homemade fudge!

Rachel said...

You and your slutty shoes rock! I'm a flip flop girl at heart, but occasionally there's nothing like a pair of CFM shoes!
I have something for you on my page, come see.

Badness Jones said...

I love that DMD! There's nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned shoe fetish!

Family Adventure said...

Any Christmas tradition with the word 'slutty' in it requires further investigation...I'm on my way :)

Heidi