Sunday, May 10, 2009

Breathe

I don't think I'm very different from most moms in that my expectations for Mother's Day are generally very modest.

And given that Rob lost his mom less than two months ago, it would have been particularly unseemly for me to insist on an over-the-top celebration this year.

So of course I didn't.

I prayed for only one thing and I asked for another and I am proud to report that both my requests were granted.

Yesterday, I let out a long, slow breath of anticipation and fear and uncertainty.

Today, after cuddling with my boy and watching cartoons in the early morning hours, I sent husband and son away, locked the bedroom door and availed myself of a sleep aid.

I am currently enjoying my "morning" coffee and don't expect them home for at least an hour.

And it feels good.

I am itching to write. From the very moment yesterday when it was confirmed that Rob and my plans are well and truly in motion, ideas for stories and posts have flooded my brain.

I'm going to tackle an explanation after I have enjoyed a family dinner here with Rob's dad and his brother's family (including the lovely LeeAnne).

I wish each and every one of you happiness and peace this Mother's Day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Michelle said...

((HUGS))
And wishing you a very Happy Mothers' Day!

A Crafty Mom said...

Happy Mother's Day Kelly - glad you got your break today, it is most definitely well-deserved. Enjoy your dinner! Looking forward with anticipation to your upcoming posts :)

Woman in a Window said...

It's 9:30 at night and I'm slapping myself in the head saying, why didn't you think of that? A break. A glorious break. Who would have thunk it? Oh, you, yes. Hope you enjoyed! Happy Mother's Day!

Tara R. said...

Yay for a lovely day off. Sleeping in is a wonderful gift to both receive and give. Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Happy Mother's Day. I can't wait to hear your news.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

So a bit of the fog is clearing for you? I hope so. I hope you are getting some of the sun's rays through the murk that is lingering around your family.

Happy Mother's Day!

karengreeners said...

Looking forward to your 'explanation', and glad that is seems to be something that will bring your family joy.

mare ad mare said...

I'm glad you had a nice day. We had big intentions with mother's day, but settled for a nice relaxing day - which we haven't had on a sunday for awhile! (no dance for the girlies).
Whatever has been on your mind, just take your time, let it out when YOU are ready...

mamatulip said...

I wish the same for you.

xo

Jaina said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!!!

caramama said...

It sounds like a great Mother's Day! I hope it was.