Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Always and forever

Just to clarify for those of you who aren't familiar with Toronto and its neighborhoods.

Don Mills was a suburb many years ago - Canada's first ever suburb actually - but Toronto is now such a huge city that Don Mills is really just a large northern neighborhood inside the city proper, about a 15-minute drive from the downtown core.

My current home is in the northern reaches of Don Mills in an area that is poorly served by transit and full of large, lovely homes and manicured lawns. My new home is approximately five kilometres away, in the southern reaches of Don Mills on the transit line in an area that is undergoing an exciting urban revitalization.

That is to say...even after I move I will still be the Don Mills Diva.

I will always be the Don Mills Diva.

And also? In addition to rocking Canada's oldest suburb, I'm also pretty competent in the woods of Ontario's near north.

Don't believe me? Check out Don Mills Diva Recipes and Reviews where LeeAnne takes the foods I foraged a few weeks back (with a little help from my dad!) and whips up another of her amazing, original recipes.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Loukia said...

Hey, just stopping by to say hello... I'm an Ottawa mom of two little boys.

And I love TO for all it's shopping. And other stuff, too! ;)

karengreeners said...

The new don mills centre - what fun! it'll be great in the summer, but i dont' know about the winter... what do you think?

petite gourmand said...

can't wait until Mark Mcewan's new place opens.
I'm lovin' anthopologie and the whole Don Mills center concept.
Bonus that it's sort of in my neighbourhood too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly congrats on your new place! I am all about downsizing. Every reno/furniture decision we make is based on assuming that we will stay in our little semi in the Pocket (Jones and Danforth), until we can retire to the cottage. I'm getting the general idea of where your new place is, but I don't recognize the buildings. Get moving on the babymaking and we can be on mat leave together.

From Julie from the East End Moms

Jaina said...

Yay! That's what this post makes me say :) Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Big life change. You're moving five km away. And you're still not really downtown.

JCK said...

Of COURSE you are the Don Mills Diva!

Don Mills Diva said...

Re: Anonymous

Apparently you live a jet-setting life full of breathless excitement.

I don't, so yes, for me the sale of two properties, the purchase of two radically different properties, (one in a foreign country) and the acquisition of a US work visa feels like quite a bit of change.

Thanks for taking time out of your excitement-filled life to stop by.

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm a downtown girl ... just north of Liberty Village.