Monday, December 17, 2007

Freedom 2007

I might already be out of the province by the time you read this.

I might already be drunk.

That’s because early Tuesday morning Rob and I are sneaking away to our rarely-used condo in Mont Tremblant, Quebec for fours days and three nights.

There will be skiing. There will be relaxing. There will be mangling of the French language. There will be eating (oh so much eating). There will be (we both dearly hope) reconnecting. There will be drinking (did I mention the drinking?) There will be sneaking into the fancy hotel next door and making use of its dreamy, heated outdoor pool.

There will not be Graham.

Graham is staying safely at home where Grandma and Oma will switch off on the cleaning, feeding and all-around doting duties.

I have left Graham overnight before a few times. I believe there is even photographic evidence involving me and a happy dance on my last Graham-free night at the end of the summer.

But this will be different. Four days. Three nights. It’s a short trip but a relatively long time without my boy. Small wonder that I have cooked up a storm in order to stock the kitchen with all his favorite foods and typed out two pages (single-spaced) of instructions regarding his routine, likes and dislikes.

Perhaps a more conscientious mother would feel anxious or guilty. But I don’t. Not a bit actually. I know he’s in wonderful hands and, truth be told, I’m more worried about neglecting this space and all my wonderful bloggy friends than I am about him.

So while I am taking my computer and will post a few photos during the week, I doubt I will be visiting any blogs in my feeder, as I think internet access comes with a long-distance bill on the mountain.

So check back for photos and I will catch up with all of you on the weekend. And wish me a happy, relaxing, stress-free mini-vacation.

Because I so need this.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

23 comments:

Gabriella said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun!! Have a great time!

Shauna said...

Oh wow, good for you! Tremblant is so pretty and the snowdump of yesterday will make it even more so.

Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have lots of fun. I'm so jealous. I wish I had the time/money for a vacation, but I don't :( Plus I'm a big worrier. The first time I left my daughter overnight was when I had Little Bear about 5 months ago and I worried the whole time.

Anonymous said...

It cut off my frowny face! :(

Mandy said...

You lucky girl!! I hope you have a fabulous time!

a kelly said...

Sounds wonderful!
This is a good thing you are doing for the whole family.
Have fun!!

Barrie said...

I am jealous. Amuse-toi bien!

Rachel said...

Have oodles and oodles of adult unsupervised fun!
More conscientious mom? More conscientious than 2 pages of notes, and a fridge full of favorites? Um.. nope. You're it.
Knock the guilt away with a bit of adult beverage, snuggle up with the hubby and enjoy this brief moment of child free life :-)
Enjoy!

Tania said...

Sweet! No need for guilt. This is your time. We did a similar ski trip last year and it amazed me how little we worried about our daughter during those days.

GoMommy said...

Have so much fun! Don't worry about your blogs...we will be right here waiting when you get back!

erin said...

OH my gosh--I am just a little bit (A TON) jealous of you. Go and have fun for all of us who can't get away for four (glorious) days right now. There will be plenty of time for any guilt when you get back--so just enjoy! We'll miss you and anxiously await your return! But don't worry, we'll still be here, reading up on posts in between poopy diapers, wiping bums and noses, and feeding children--oh and of course neglecting any chores we may have! So have a great time being young and (child)free for a bit!

newduck said...

Lucky, lucky you! You're going to have a great time, meanwhile I'll be cranking out a 20-page paper and staring at my ever-stranger navel. Sigh.

lindsey said...

You are lucky! Enjoy!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I hope you have an amazing time!

metro mama said...

Enjoy!

OHmommy said...

Awwww... I can't begin to even imagine time alone with my husband.

Have a wonderful time.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Have fun!

MBA Mommy said...

We all need time to just be us again, to feel 25 and un-mommy-ish. Enjoy! Lift a cocktail, feel sexy and enjoy the reconnecting.

Kellan said...

Oh, it sounds wonderful - have a great time!! Kellan

Audrey said...

Hope you'll have a great mini-vacation. Enjoy yourself at the slopes!

painted maypole said...

fun!!! enjoy!!

S said...

i hope you're having a wonderful, wonderful time!

Karen MEG said...

Oh, you have a wonderful time!!!! Tremblant, I so envy you, that's wicked that you have a place there! It's great that the little guy can have quality time with his grandparents too.
It is so important to have that getaway, for yourself, your hubby and your family. I hope you're having a great party, and will come back nice and rejuvenated, just in time for all the festivities!!!