Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Face

This is the face of a boy coughing. With a cold.
A boy who has woken screaming throughout the night.
For the last three nights.

The face of a boy who feels sick. Angry and frustrated.



This is the face of a boy who today threw a temper tantrum to rival this one.
A boy who bit mommy. Hard. Again.
A boy who threw up on mommy. Twice.

And yet.

This is the face of a boy who makes my breath catch in my throat.
And reminds me of how fortunate I am to have had such a terrible day.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

shay said...

I'm pretty sure that's why God makes 'em so darn cute!
He is just darling btw. Hope he feels better!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I hope he feels better soon too:) He is way too cute!

Family Adventure said...

He's a cutie...I hope he feels better!! No more biting. Ouch.

Heidi

Tania said...

Cuteness is definitely a natural defence. I hope he gets better soon.

Anne B. said...

We've been telling The Baby that he's lucky he is so darn cute for eight months! As I try to calm him in his crib at 2:54 a.m. I remind myself that I will never have this particular chance to comfort him again. It helps!

newduck said...

He is absolutely adorable. You'd better never let him read all these comments about what a good looking kid he is or he'll get a huge ego.

Thanks for the supportive words on the evil neighbor - it's great to know I'm not overreacting!

mamatulip said...

I have a boy who is much, much like yours.

I hope he's feeling better soon.

(He is a real cutie...)

Andrea said...

Awww, he is cutie a patootie! Yes, God makes em' cute for a reason!

Kellan said...

He is adorable and this was a beautiful post - take care and I hope he feels better soon. Kellan

OHmommy said...

I hear you.

Hope he feels better soon.