Saturday, May 2, 2009

The tire swing

This morning as I rushed about, packing clothes for a much-needed weekend sojourn to my parents' lakeside house Graham chattered about what we would do there.

"And Grandpa is going to build me a tire swing so I can swing into the lake!"

Notwithstanding the temperature of the lake, I considered whether the lone tree at the water's edge would facilitate such an arrangement.

"Well, I'm not so sure Grandpa can do that..."

Graham was undeterred.

"Yes, he can. It's easy Mom...you just need a tire and some rope."

Honestly? I couldn't see it happening.

"Graham, sweetie, I'm just not sure Grandpa can do that."

There was a long pause.

"Oh. Okay Mommy."

There was another long pause and then a sudden, exuberant outburst.

"But Mommy it's okay that Grandpa is not smart enough to build a tire swing! We can get Grandma to do it!"


Would you trust this man to build a tire swing?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

19 comments:

Madge said...

Graham is a sweetie....

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

As long as someone fulfills Graham's dream!

Wendy said...

Oh what a love....out of the mouths of babes eh?

Karen MEG said...

Graham is one smart cookie, isn't he? Hope you have a nice visit with the folks, Kelly

flutter said...

Oh, I totally would.

Tara R. said...

That is priceless. I bet if he could, Grandpa would build him a tire swing anywhere.

Enjoy your trip.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Kids say the darndest things!! I wonder what Grandpa would say had he heard that!!

Amanda said...

There is nothing that Grandpa's ~ or Gran's can't do!
Hope he get's the tire swing that he want's ~ whoever builds it!
l,
Amanda x

Pregnantly Plump said...

So funny!! I love how kids' minds work.

Leanne said...

Hee hee hee. Yep, why bug the man when the woman can get it done? Smart boy.

Heather said...

I love it! So cute.

zelzee said...

There you go, it's Grandma that can do anything!!!

Unknown said...

He looks perfectly capable to me! I love that Graham will figure a way to get that tire swing! HA!

caramama said...

I love it! A future feminist supporter, for sure! He's such a cutie.

Mandy said...

Yep. I would. But grandmas can do everything too. Warms the heart.

InTheFastLane said...

Absolutely. Grandpas can do anything.

common mom said...

OMG LOL! What a sweetie :-)

And yes - Grandpa's can do ANYTHING!

Jaina said...

Absolutely! I hope you had a great time :)

Whitenoise said...

very funny ;-)