Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Grateful

Let's just call this the week of living gratefully, shall we?

I'm grateful that my boy loves me even if I don't deserve it. I'm grateful that you guys seem to think I'm worthy of your affection. And I'm grateful that you're not too mad that it has taken me sooo long to acknowledge all your lovely awards. (You're not tooo mad, are you?)

First up, I am ever-so-honored that the lovely Kami over at Kami's Khlopchyk bestowed this lovely award on me.



I just discovered Kami a few months ago and she has swiftly become one of my favorite reads. I would like to pass this little beauty on to Janice at Mom on The Run who inspires me with her commitment to her two beautiful girls and her commitment to fitness and to Lunanik over at Secrets of A Black Heart who has me hooked with her mysterious edge...

Next up I want to say a big thanks to Brittany over at Mommee and Her Boys and Elaine at The Miss Elaine-Ous Life for bestowing upon me this You Make My Day Award - isn't it a beaut?


I think Brittany - who is too adorable for words, really! - was one of my first-ever regular readers and I have always appreciated her loyalty. Elaine is another new find - and one of those ladies you just know you would click with if you had a chance to meet.

I'd like to pass this award along to Mandy at The Gratton Grapevine, who I can't wait to meet at Blogher, and to Urban Daddy, because, well, I have met him and he's lovely and daddy bloggers need love too.

Moving along, I need to send a shout-out to Melissa over at Hope for the Hopeless. As per the award below, she has declared me a Tiara-wearing Blogger - to which I say, "Does she ever have me pegged!" Thanks Melissa - I think you'd look pretty great in a tiara yourself.

I pass this diva-ish award along to the one and only McMommy who, truthfully, is so fabulous she probably wakes up in the morning wearing a tiara and to April over at It's All About Balance who handles single motherhood with style and class.

Next I need to say a big thank you to The Reluctant Housewife and to Sass-E Mom who both were kind enough to give me the Award of Excellence below. Both these ladies are regular reads for me and if you check them out you'll know why.

I'd like to pass it along to Tootsie Farklepants - one of the funniest ladies on the internets - and Stomper Girl, who is undoubtedly one of the best dancers.


Last, but certainly not least, I want to say a big thank you to the always thought-provoking David over at Authorblog who recently cited this post of mine as his "the best of the day" pick. David runs a great that site that is "totally committed to encouraging excellence in others".

Isn't that an incredible sentiment? Thank you David, I am honored to call you neighbor in this community we call the internets.

I apologize to those of you who have tagged me for memes over the last few months - I'm just not great at memes, sorry! Please know that I do appreciate you thinking of me and I am truly grateful - this week and always - to call you all friends.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

36 comments:

Vered said...

Great timing Kelly.

I was tagged for a meme and was planning on tagging you among others.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

I think it's obvious this is a quality blog.

And I wish you'll never say again that you don't deserve love and affection. That's a terrible thing to say.

Backpacking Dad said...

I <3 Mandy.

Nowheymama said...

I've been wishing for new blogs to read during the summer blogging slump. Thanks for all of the links!

Anonymous said...

Ooo you got the love girl!

Mom on the Run is totally an inspiration!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

congrats to you! You deserve every last one :-)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You are certainly all of the above!

Urban Daddy said...

Awww. Thanks for the shout out! I really appreciate it. I enjoyed eavesdropping on your conversation with my wife and chatting with your hubbs. Soon again... I hope.

Janice @ Mom On The Run said...

Congrats on all of those great awards! And of course, thank you for the award - I also puffy heart your blog :)

April said...

Much congrats - and you deserve every one of them. And thank you. I hope my head can stay small enough for it to fit :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you on all this fabulous bloggy love.....you deserve it (as well as every DROP of your sons affection).

KatBouska said...

Ooh. I can't wait to check out some of those fun ladies!!

Karen said...

Bloggy love is the best kind - congrats!

Mandy said...

You're so kind! I can't wait to meet you too and have a glass of wine or 5. (Did I just write that outloud?)

smooches!

Shellie said...

You rock, girl!

Stomper Girl said...

Wow, thankyou so much. And congratulations yourself on all your well-deserved awards.

Kitty said...

Congratulations on all your awards! x

Laura said...

Kudos - all awards are deserved - you rock!

Funny how we connected on a chance post at TP!!!!

Love the list of blogs I need to go check out now!!!

CHEERS!

McMommy said...

The Don Mills Diva gives me a Tiara award??!! This simply could not get any more perfect in my star-struck eyes!!!!!

I am so not worthy of this diva-licious award...yet, I'm gratefully accepting it with delight!!

Thank you so much!

LunaNik said...

Thanks babe!! I puffy heart you tooooooo!!!!!

Marmarbug said...

Kudos to all of the awards!!!!! Did you save them all to feel extra special? ;)
You deserve them!!!

Kat said...

David is awesome, isn't he?

Congrats on all your awards!

ALF said...

Congrats on all the awards and horray for great bloggers to pass them on to!

Anonymous said...

HA! The funny part is, McMommy really does wake up with a tiara on her head...Every morning.

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

you soak up all that blog love babe. xo

Melissa said...

congrats on all the awards! yeaaaa for you :)

Damselfly said...

Congrats, you deserve them all!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Very well-deserved indeed! XO

Woman in a Window said...

It's good to be recognized, isn't it? Such nice work deserves such nice rewards.

Unknown said...

Woah! I am blinded by all the bloggy bling! HA!
Congrats on the awards, you certainly deserve them!

And thanks for the kind words here on your blog.

I love that you passed some love on to a daddy blogger. So cool!

Karen MEG said...

Congrats, DMD!!! Hope you have a trophy room, 'cuz those awards must just be falling off your shelves.

All so well deserved, of course!

Anna said...

Congrats on the blog bling!

david mcmahon said...

Thank you for the mention, for the award and for giving us a list of great blogs to explore.

I'm so glad you liked my shot (posted today) of Montreal. Yes, I have made several trips to Canada and enjoyed each one.

Did I tell you that my forhcoming novel starts and finishes in Muskoka, Ontario?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the linky love! (OMG! DMD linked to me on her blog! Ahhh!) (oops - did I say that out loud?)

And congrats on all the awards - you deserve them.

JCK said...

Congrats on all of your lovely bling!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Congratulations pretty lady!!! And thank you so much for my award!! I'm so sorry I'm late in accepting it. I'm sooo behind on my blog visiting but now that my family has left town I'm back in business.

Thank you!!!!

xoxo

caramama said...

Congrats! You deserve them!