Saturday, December 13, 2008

Look at my beaver!

Well lookie here!



Yup - I am proud to announce that Don Mills Diva was awarded the silver for Best Family Blog in the Canadian Blog Awards.

A heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you who voted for me: a lot of the time I can scarcely believe anyone actually reads this site, so an award like this is truly an honour.

A special thanks to my friend Peter over at Peasant Arts who wrote this hilarious post urging people to vote for me: it cracked me up! Not only is he a talented sculptor (look for him at Canada Blooms in March 2009) he is a comic genius.

And also, as long as we're handing out thank yous, here's one from my dear friend Sheona McDonald. She's the producer and director of Capturing A Short Life, the wonderful film on infant loss, that I wrote about last week. Sheona writes:

"Thank you Kelly, for posting about this for me and for everyone's thoughts and comments. The show had a really high viewership (which was really surprising and encouraging) and really positive feedback.I would love to get it shown in the States beyond festivals and conferences, but haven't yet been able to get any broadcasters to bite. When I have time I will start to hit up the local PBS networks.It's not available on the net because it goes against the broadcast license.

Also, as a result of the numbers and feedback it will likely broadcast again sooner than later, Feb or Mar...if you want to encourage this re-broadcast, you can email CBC directly (they are reading and responding) or post on the CBC discussion board at www.cbc.ca/documentaries/discussion "

Cheers! And thanks again everyone!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

33 comments:

OHmommy said...

Yay. Many congrats and well deserved my friend!

Stimey said...

Congratulations!!

flutter said...

you rock!!!

Stacey said...

Now that's a title guaranteed to get me clicking over to see the post!
Congratulations. Well deserved!

scarbie doll said...

Congrats lady!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Oh my goodness! With a title like that, I'll bet you get a lot of hits today!

alison said...

Congratulations!!

karengreeners said...

Congratulations! Well deserved.

Parent Club said...

Awesome!

Heather said...

Congrats on the Silver!

Beck said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anna said...

Congrats! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your silver! : )

Anti-Supermom said...

I voted for you - second is awesome, next year it will be all gold ~

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! Congrats to you!!!

April said...

Congratulations! (And we wouldn't have voted for you if we didn't think you deserved it. :)

Chantal said...

Congrats to you! That rocks. You should post when your friends documentary is going to be be aired again. That way we can remember to watch it.

I have a question for you - A few months ago you replied to one of my posts. It was about how my sister-in-law has not contacted her parents in a long time. It is now well over 2 years and I am getting increasingly distressed. You said your family had been through something similar. Did your sibling come back on his own or did someone talk to him. I am contemplating contacting my sister in law but I don't want to make things worse... Any advice?

Michelle said...

YAY! I voted for you. Congratulations.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Congrats! And that documentary done by your friend was wonderful. It's such an important topic and we need to talk about it. Those precious babies need to be remembered.

Janet said...

Hahahaha! The title of this post cracked me up.

Congratulations to you.

Anonymous said...

The Title has me giggling!

I love your silver beaver ;-)

Congratulations sweetheart! It is sooo well deserved! Yippeeee!

Anonymous said...

Congrats' Kelly...and thanks for evrything.

Mara said...

Congrats to you well deserved!

Mara
http://24stepstogo.blogspot.com/

Mandy said...

Congrats! You definitely deserve it.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Congrats to you Kelly!

Jaina said...

Congrats!

A Crafty Mom said...

Congrats Kelly, I voted for you!!

I also watched Capturing A Short Life last week. And after bawling through most of it (and then sneaking into three beds to hug my kids so hard I almost crushed them) I was able to appreciate how fantastic the film was - kudos to Sheona, I loved it. I have had a new appreciation for each day since I watched it last week . . .

Sheona said...

Yay! Well done you (:

Smiling Shelly said...

Congrats!! Well done :)

~Swankymama said...

Yay you!!

Congratulations!!

Karen MEG said...

Yippeeee!!! Congrats, so well-deserved!!

Barrie said...

Huge congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Can't believe you're not first, though :) I'll have to go and check it out...