Friday, July 31, 2009

How to be a permanent POS

Remember when I declared in front of about 1,200 people that I'm not too concerned about what I say on-line?

Well, I meant it.

But that doesn't mean that I don't have concerns about other sites Graham will one-day read and see on-line.

That's a different story and that concerns me a lot.

That's why when Norton offered up a chance to test-drive their new on-line safety software for kids I asked my sister-in-law LeeAnne to check it out and report back. Her kids, aged 13 and just turned 17, are too old to need a constant POS (parent over shoulder) but too young (IMHO) to be given free rein with regards to on-line content.

My Graham is only three and a half so thus far his biggest on-line transgression is a stated preference for the Britney Spears version of Womanizer over this one.

I know, I know - I'm working on it.

In the meantime you can click over to Don Mills Diva's Recipes and Reviews, read about LeeAnne's experiences with OnlineFamily.Norton and download a free copy for yourself.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I'm going to have to check this out. My 6 year old is a pro on the computer and can navigate his way around like nobody's business!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I just posted a review of a parental control program on my review site, too! I've liked it so far. I also have one for free if someone is interested...

Blog said...

Good thing you misspelled Britney (HOW DARE YOU) 'else I might have mistaken you for a fan....? ;)

Don Mills Diva said...

Okay - maybe I am a bit of a fan...enough that I fixed her name...m'kay?