Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fashionably drunk?

Have you ever attended a work event and ended up a little over-refreshed?

Yeah, me too.

But have you ever been a little over-refreshed at a really important work event, where you're scheduled to make a speech in front of cut-throat colleagues, important clients and the international press?

Yeah, me neither.

But then I'm not Toronto Design Council President Robin Kay who launched Toronto Fashion Week last week with a drunken speech that became a major scandal in the local media and left me pondering whether drinking on the job is ever in style.

Want to continue reading my musing on boozin'? Click on over to my Shooting for Hip column at Better Than A Playdate...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Heather said...

I understand needing a bit of liquid courage, but come on!

Betsy Mae said...

It's never in fashion and that's why business and booze should never mix.

Kat said...

I have never even gotten tipsy at a work function. I just never wanted to go there and then regret my actions. Not a good idea.

flutter said...

I love "over-refreshed" heh...

Janice @ Mom On The Run said...

Booze and work don't mix - ever! Thanks for the reminder as we head into the holiday season.

Unknown said...

I used to be "over refreshed" a lot when I would attend furniture markets. They want you that way - you tend to buy more! ; ) I never had to make a speech though...

I am SO going to be using that term for drunk now! HA!

San Diego Momma said...

I'm good at over refreshing at work functions...but never, never, never if I were to give a speech.

I wouldn't even drink at my sister's wedding (and there were plenty of reasons to drink. believe me), because I had to give the maid of honor speech.

(Found you from Mom Grind, by the by)

Anonymous said...

Never ever classy or cool to give a speech drunk... now over refreshing can be done tastefully as well... as long as the boss does not see.. lol