Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Will Not Be Broken

I have never actually stepped on a land mine.

Unlike Jerry White I have never been physically been blown apart just when I least expected it.

But emotional blasts? Ah yes, I've survived a few. Like everyone else, I've had to confront my fair share and as I've slugged my way through I'm always reminded of the old saying "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

Jerry White not only agrees with that statement, he wrote a book detailing how you can actually make the old proverb your truth. White is the author of I Will Not be Broken, 5 Steps to Overcoming A Life Crisis: I agreed to write a plug for his book because I think his work with American military veterans is an inspiration and I think sometimes we all need to be reminded of how to turn lemons into lemonade.


Read more about Jerry White, Survivor Corps and I Will Not Be Broken over at Don Mills Diva Recipes and Reviews...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

flutter said...

I cannot imagine you ever being broken. Hurt? Sure. But never broken

Anonymous said...

Heading over to read your review as I think the book just might be something I need to read.

Karen said...

That is one of the most true statements I've ever known. It should be a great book.