Thursday, October 4, 2007

Just for starters

It’s so cliché, isn’t it, to be writing about giving thanks on the eve of the weekend that is all about giving thanks?

So I’m not going to go on and on. I’m just going to say I’m thankful I made it through a family trip to Ireland this spring with my marriage and sanity (barely) intact.


I’m thankful we spent half the summer at Toronto harbourfront.


And the other half at the lake.



I’m thankful I have a dad who makes the banjo look cool.



And a teenage nephew who thinks toddlers are cool.



I’m thankful for Rob’s brother’s cottage.


And my cousin Laura’s home karaoke machine.


I’m thankful I get to fly this beautiful machine.

And parent this beautiful boy.

I’m thankful.



Thankful.

Thankful.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Kelly, thanks for the comment. Graham looks like a sweetie!

Sparkling Allison said...

Hello from Blogher! Thanks for the comment and for visiting. I am LOVING the fact that you fly a sea plane... I watch them take off and land on Lake Union all day from my porch, but have never been in one!!

N said...

Great pictures!

I love the home karaoke machines. My grandma singing Frank Sinatra in my living room on Christmas eve (beautifully), to be followed by my brother & a friend singing the same song not so beautifully? Priceless memories.

Laura said...

Wonderful photos - so much to be thankful for...enjoy your weekend!

ewe are here said...

Thanks for dropping by my place!


Love the pics! You have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Hope you have a great one!

Gabriella said...

What a nice post, love the pictures, the Ireland ones are beautiful and also the fact that you can fly a plane! Amazing!

Amy said...

That post makes me smile too.